Finder Dock Icon Distorted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13 Inch 128GB SSD 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Intel i5 1.7Ghz
I'm a new Mac user. I just got a MacBook Air a couple days ago and I love it. My problem is that after installing a game (Civilization IV) the Finder dock icon has become distorted. It's not a graphics problem, as far as I know, because nothing else is distorted on the screen and the rest of the dock is perfect. So my question is how do I fix this. I've inserted an image of the faulty icon below.

photostream

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There's no image. ;)

It's very possible that this is a minor glitch that can be resolved by restarting the Dock. Open up the Terminal (/Applications/Utilities) and type the following:
Code:
killall Dock
The Dock will restart itself.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13 Inch 128GB SSD 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Intel i5 1.7Ghz
Tried that....

Thanks so much for your reply. I tried (I also tried it again) that already and it is still distorted.

I also checked the Core Services folder and the Finder con in the folder looks perfectly fine, though I'm not sure if it is connected to the dock icon...

Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 3.11.51 AM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.