Install OSX from USB stick

Reaction score
I have a friends macbook that im trying to upgrade to Leopard. (not enough memory for Snow, Lion). Im trying to create a live USB to install the OS from. The problem is that the Disk Utility is missing from this pc, so I cant put the dmg image of Leopard on. I tried using Windows with TransMac Utility that formats the usb to the mac only standard and burns the image to it. But when I plug it in to mac its says that the usb is unrecognizable. Is there any other solution I can use to upgrade using USB stick?
thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Buy the retail copy of the Leopard installation disks ( the black set ) and install from there.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As McBie says the solution is to lash out, spend money and purchase Leopard for your friend. Second hand editions are available for about $100 on eBay and such. Buy a black retail install DVD only as no silver/grey version will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.