Software/tool to add serial number to logic board???

Reaction score
I just replaced my logic board and realized that I can not find the tool to enter my serial number- does anyone have an answer? it is a macbook pro early 2008 intel 2.5

HELP!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post. Your duplicate post in the OS X operating system forum has been removed. Only post in one forum. Thanks.

Re your question: There is no way to enter the new serial number when you replace a logic board.

OP
R
Reaction score
Please do not cross post. Your duplicate post in the OS X operating system forum has been removed. Only post in one forum. Thanks.

Re your question: There is no way to enter the new serial number when you replace a logic board.

Sorry for the cross post- was not sure which thread/topic to post in- I have read in several different apple forums that there is a "blank board serializer"
probably a mac service center only deal- anyway thanks

OP
R
Reaction score

FYI- I did in fact find the software to write my serial number with success!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, thanks for posting back. How about a link so that others can benefit from your find?

OP
R
Reaction score
Serializer

OK, thanks for posting back. How about a link so that others can benefit from your find?

Here is a DL from my drop box- totally did the trick you have to burn it to a cd with disk Utility so that it is a bootable image hold down the option key and select CD and follow the on screen prompts

BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR SERIAL NUMBER EXACTLY AS IT IS ON YOUR MAC CASE for MACBOOK PRO IT IS UNDER THE BATTERY (NOT SURE ABOUT OTHERS)

THIS IS FOR INTEL AND PPC ONLY BOARDS-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9694599/Blank Board Serializer.zip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Can confirm this works, my brother did it when he replaced his faulty logic board from one on ebay.

However, it can only write to boards that have never been serialized and it is a software from Apple, that is considered a Apple Only Software. In-fact, it has a warning when you boot from it that your not allowed to redistribute it.

Reaction score
I download that zip file, and make a bootable disc, but when it boots, i get a black screen with a underdash ("_ ") cursor that flashes, and doesn't show any instructions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.