helpp!! is this some kind of virus??

Reaction score
hey, I'm now having a mac-book Pro, and I've had it for around a year now and i really love it! but its been a couple of months already that something weird is happening to my mac. My mouse pad is sometimes just moving by it self, the cursor is moving by it self and clicking things by it self, even without me even touching the pad! and even when i do try to control the mouse pad, the cursor is always going against where i want to lead it to.

well basically something is really wrong, i cant do my work properly since this problem is getting worse and worse.

please does any one know what is going on!? is this some kind of virus??

oh and i thought it was so i decided to install some kind of antivirus app. it scanned my whole mac but it says that there is no virus or wtv detected! :(

what should i do? :'(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is no malware currently for Mac OS X that is known to effect the system this way.

So... silly question, but do you have a wireless mouse of any sort connected to the machine?

Has the machine ever had anything spilled on it?

OP
P
Reaction score
erm no i don't even have a wireless mouse of any sort. and no, no drinks or anything has been spilled on it, none that i know of at least...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
hey, I'm now having a mac-book Pro, and I've had it for around a year now and i really love it! but its been a couple of months already that something weird is happening to my mac. My mouse pad is sometimes just moving by it self, the cursor is moving by it self and clicking things by it self, even without me even touching the pad! and even when i do try to control the mouse pad, the cursor is always going against where i want to lead it to.

well basically something is really wrong, i cant do my work properly since this problem is getting worse and worse.

please does any one know what is going on!? is this some kind of virus??

oh and i thought it was so i decided to install some kind of antivirus app. it scanned my whole mac but it says that there is no virus or wtv detected! :(

what should i do? :'(

I really hope the "anti-virus" software you installed wasn't MacKeeper as that is nothing short of crapware and can be very bad for your computer.

As far as the mouse goes, under "System Preferences" and "Mouse" do you have the "ignore accidental trackpad input" box checked? That may help.

Otherwise, your trackpad may be a broken, and a repair may be necessary. You said you bought it just a little over a year ago, you didn't happen to buy the extended applecare warranty did you?

C

chas_m

There aren't any viruses for the Mac, so no it's not a virus. As cwa said, there's no malware that does that either.

Do you have any "screen sharing" software installed? Is there any chance that someone else could have installed that sort of software on your machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.