Can't change other account preferences!

D

djmitch

I recently set up another account on my Mini for the first time (which I called "Other" - it's one of the "Other Accounts", not my admin. one), during which I set restrictions on what the user could do, etc. Now today I selected Accounts in System Preferences and tried clicking on this "Other" account in order to change some of the permissions, but it wouldn't highlight when I clicked the icon even after I unlocked the page (by clicking on the padlock and entering my admin. password). In other words, I'm totally unable as an administrator to change one of the non-admin. accounts I've set up!

Is this a glitch or something I'm not doing right? I've done everything the Mac Help pages have suggested.

OP
D

djmitch

Hmmm ... I seem to have solved my own problem once again! I realized that while I was still logged on to my Other account, I was unable to change its preferences from my admin. account. So I logged off of Other, switched back to my admin. account, then was able to change the Other preferences no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.