Connecting MBPro to Dynex TV. No Audio!

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been trying to connect my Macbook Pro to my Dynex TV using Rocket Fish mini Display port to HDMI adapter.. (RF-AP305) with HDMI cable (DX-AV008) I am aware that the MDP won't carry audio because my Macbook Pro is an older version that doesn't offer this capability. I am using a Dynex mini to rca Stereo cable (dx-mp3rca7) for audio, is this the appropriate cable to be using to get sound to play through my TV? I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. The picture is great on my TV from my macbook but no sound will play.

my dynex tv is dx-40L261A12

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Reaction score
My understanding is that some HDTVs do not allow the user to select HDMI as video and another source as audio, probably since most devices can push audio through the HDMI connection. Not sure if your TV is one of those or not. Looking through the user manual for your particular model TV there does not appear to be a menu for selecting audio input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.