problems with microsoft office for mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hello!
i have a huge problem! i have the new mac mini and i put the microsoft office 2011 for mac but it does not work properly! when i write sometimes it repeats the last words or syllabes of the last word i 've wrote. please help me!i have so much work to do and i cant!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've moved your post to its own thread. Tagging on to an older thread with a different subject will likely not get many replies.

As to your problem: What kind of keyboard do you have? And which language are you using for Word?

OP
A
Reaction score
thank you very much for the reply!
i use a microsoft keyboard and the language i use is greek. but even when i write in english, the same thing i described still happens.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If possible, try a different keyboard. I don't want to recommend removing and reinstalling Office 2011 as it's a rather difficult task because of the many files and folders involved.

Also, you never said if the Microsoft keyboard was wireless or not? It sounds like it may be a keyboard problem.

OP
A
Reaction score
i have already tried that. i did uninstall the microsoft office and re-install it but the problem remains. i also downloaded it from another source. but there was not any improvement. my microsoft keyboard is not wireless. when you say to try another keyboard, you mean an apple keyboard or anything else?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You downloaded MS Office from another source? How did you install MS Office 2011 in the first place? It comes prepackaged on a CD from Microsoft with a serial number or it can be purchased direct from the Microsoft on line store here in the US and Canada. If you have an illegal copy of MS Office, we're through here.

OP
A
Reaction score
i downloaded with crack from internet. i don't have illegal copy. when i say another source, i mean that the first time i downloaded it from rapidshare and the second time from a torrent.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Both downloads are illegal. Sorry, but we do not allow discussion of any illegal activity in these forums. It's very likely that you have a "bad" copy of MS Office. The only thing I can suggest is to destroy both of those copies and go to your local computer store and buy a legal copy of MS Office 2011. Your problem will be solved. And, we're through here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.