• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

OMG Cubes everywhere

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
sursuciofla said:
Could be photoshop, you never know these days.
dunno.... all the reflections on the cubes are unique and match up with what is around them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
dont' think its photoshop
can you really do that? i mean combine all those stuff and have an uber computer?
maybe he's a supplier

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
No. Look at the shading and reflections and stuff. Those are kinda cheap now. I remember how bad I wanted one of the cubes. Me and my dad were in Fry's... They were cool. I was like 5... Or at least I think I was 5. Doubt it though...

S

sursuciofla

True, could be real and it is highly likely but just saying I have actually seen some pretty amazing things done with photoshop. If you are really good you can make a lot look like reality in PS. Just saying don't discount it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i'm having a heart attack

Reaction score
If that is photoshopped I can not find a flaw in it Who ever it is that did it, is real good and went though a lot of trouble, I went right to the pixels . I doubt it is photochopped,

Reaction score
who know, maybe none of them evn work and he just picked them up cheap. as for the other stuff, not that impressive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
They could also be empty Cube shells...a number of the shells were thrown out because of stress lines that looked like cracks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
With the tag on the side of one of them. I assume they were bought as a group, in a fire sale.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or he does apple repairs...
And he has notes on the side of them to keep track of which cube belongs to whom. (Maybe the others have there's on the back).

Why would anyone need 2 iSight camera's?

I'm guessing the 2 cinema displays, powerbook and iSight with light-ring attached are his. (And the misc. other small-fry crap)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Maybe hes a clever thief?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I'm with technologist on this one. I've seen tons of shells on eBay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Dang, he's got more macs than me ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
was the Mac Cube just a dud? thats why noone sees them anywhere? i remember seeing it in Compusa a few years back. But wasnt into macs then.

Just wondering

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.