ibook keyboard HUMP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4
Hi All,

I've just purchased my first ever mac, I must admit I'm impressed by it. It only took me 3/4 hours to get used to OSX, now when ever I'm using windows I wish I was on my ibook. But I do have a lsight problem.

When I bought my ibook the SPACE bar was slightly unaligned, causing it to rub against the plam rest.I took it back to the shop I bought it from and they fixed. But in doing to I now have a slight hump in my keyboard, this is at the right end of the space bar and also effect the APPLE key. I've taken the keyboard of a few times, but for the life of me I cant get rid of it. It seems to be due to the lack of a magnet in that area. I guess there is not one as thats where the keyboard strip cable sits. Normally I would just get the shop to fix it. But I'm in Brunei, customer care here is a joke and more often than not, a repair results in additional damage. So my question is:

1) Has anyone else experienced this problem, any ideas what I can do ti fix it.
2) If I take my ibook in the genesis bar in London, do you think this is something they could resolve.
3) How much would a new ibook keyboard set me back. In other words, whats the damage if I completely knacker it while trying to fix it.

Thanls for any help you can give. I've been reading these forums for about a month. I found them very helpful when deciding to purchase my ibook.

Thanks

Pete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
the same thing happens on my keyboard, i think its just the way it was designed so, nothing to worry about.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4
thanks for the quick reply, I'll just have to live with it then. Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
it annoys me too, but i just can't see the solution

T

Tel

I have that too, I think its because the cable that connects the keyboard to the iBook is directly underneath. I just lifted the keyboard and just made sure the cable was flush against the iBook, helped a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.