Converting contacts from pst file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My windows PC died. I have now gone IMAC.

I have my old HDD connected to my Mac and can see my PST files. I used mail monkey to import my emails. How do I get my contacts imported.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have seen a few suggestions for this and some of them are a real pain because the .pst format is proprietary.

I have not used Outlook in a long time but I believe it can export contacts as card format. Address Book should have no problem with those. I also saw a program which appears to be free for converting contacts but must be purchased ig you need to convert e-mail. Try outlook to apple mail converter, Try PST Converter | Download Free Vcard Converter

OP
D
Reaction score
I have seen a few suggestions for this and some of them are a real pain because the .pst format is proprietary.

I have not used Outlook in a long time but I believe it can export contacts as card format. Address Book should have no problem with those. I also saw a program which appears to be free for converting contacts but must be purchased ig you need to convert e-mail. Try outlook to apple mail converter, Try PST Converter | Download Free Vcard Converter

Thanks for the response. I can't export the contacts as the old pc is dead. Like I said I have access to the PST as I have the old HDD connected to the MAC

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This program sounds like it would do they job. they have both Mac and PC versions. The page for the Mac version states

Our Mac application lets you convert the PST files directly on you Mac, no dependency on Outlook and Windows based PC. Just Convert your files directly on you new Mac and get going !!
Might be worth it to download the trial and give it a shot or e-mail the sales dept.

OP
D
Reaction score
This program sounds like it would do they job. they have both Mac and PC versions. The page for the Mac version states

Might be worth it to download the trial and give it a shot or e-mail the sales dept.

Thanks for your quick replies.

I have just found and bought for £1.69 outlook beamer. It has done the trick and works ace. So anybody else with the problem bear it in mind. Well worth the money. Converts your mail to mbox, calendar to ics and contacts to vcf all readable and importable to the various MAC apps. ;D;D

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the update. I'll keep that program in mind. This topic seems to come up repeatedly as new switchers try to recover years of information, I have seen some suggestions that Outlook Express can be even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.