Random Pics in iPhoto Unresponsive

Reaction score
Specs:
2GHz Intel Core Duo
OS X 10.6.8
MacBook

iPhoto '09 8.1.2
Photoshop CS version 8.0

Hey there, I am new here, registered to see if I can get any help with a few things. I have been using PS for a while, with and without iPhoto as the original importer of my photos. Currently (sadly) I've been using iPhoto, and I kinda loathe it. Issue: There are some photos I need to edit and send off for a memorial, and the ones I need are NOT responding to the double click that usually sends the pic from iPhoto to PS. The odd thing is, other pictures (in the same 'event' or date) DO go off to PS. I tried dragging and dropping into PS icon, a blank canvas, my desktop, tried finding the iPhoto through a file search from PS and NOTHING. It's like iPhoto doesn't exist in the searches, and these 4 photos are some kind of ghost pictures!

Now if that can't be helped, I want to ditch iPhoto and revert back to using PS as my ONLY editor, but a photographer friend set me up on my last Mac, and I am unsure how to do this. I will sacrifice my photos in iPhoto just to get rid of it. ;P

C

chas_m

I don't know what the issue there is, but there's a very easy workaround: just drag the "problem pics" from iPhoto to the desktop (this creates a copy). Open the "copy" in PS and do whatever you like. Re-import to iPhoto (if you want) by dragging the "copy" back into the main window. Now you have both the original and the modified one available.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks But..

Chas_M Thanks so much, but that was an intuitive step I've already tried, (sorry if I didn't mention that in my post.) I usually drag and drop pics all over the place to my desktop, but iPhoto bounces them right back, with that little "you can't do that" icon. (White circle with line across).

I appreciate your help, but this is not working. I think I should just go back to literally ditching iPhoto, like my friend had me set up years ago on the iBook, and use PS for all imports and edits. I was just afraid PS may not recognise my iPod camera... :) Thanks Though! Very frustrating...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
Just a thought

Have you tried opening the iPhoto pics directly from the folder rather than via iPhoto. Go to pictures/iPhoto Library and right click it and select open package contents. You can now hunt for the image and, hopefully, open it directly in PS. It could be that one of the iPhoto modified images is corrupted but from the folder you can find the original.

Also if you use RAW in iPhoto avoid dragging to desktop in order to edit as this converts the RAW to JPEG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.