• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Freaky, unexplainable stuff.

J

JSchultz

Ok. This may sound weird, and I am very creeped out by this.

A couple of Saturday's ago, my girlfriend and I went out to a Halloween bash sort of thing. Come back to her house, get ready for bed, etc, etc. She had a disposable camera which she had been using all night, and it had maybe 5 pictures left on it.

Fast forward to tonight. She had the pictures developed earlier today, and I got to looking at them when I got off of work. She handed me the packet, and told me everything came out fine, except for a couple towards the end.

The first one is of me sleeping. Like a shot from her side of the bed, maybe level with me laying down. It's of my upper body and my face. I tell her, "no big deal, you took a picture of me sleeping." She tells me to go to the next picture. I then realize I'm looking at a picture of her sleeping as well. This shot however, was taken more closeup. As in, maybe 10-12 inches away from her face. Both were taken sequentially.

I think, and think. How is this possible? No one else was home, just her and I. I think I would remember a picture with flash being taken of me, and I have no clue why she didn't wake up if a flash photo was taken of her from literally point blank. All my friends say "ooh, it's a ghost". But then, how do ghost use disposable cameras? They surely can't be proficient enough to wind the thingy to the next picture? Otherwise, no-one else could have snuck into the house. They have all doors locked, security on...etc. Doors chime when opened/closed. And if so..who the **** would go straight to the basement (Where her room is) and take a picture of two people and leave, untraced?

I don't know. This is by far, the craziest thing to happen to me.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
was alconol involded????? Maybe you both took the pictures of each other, and don't remember, or maybe if she has sisters or brothers, they took the pictures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I would check to make sure where the picture was taken, and how much i drank.. what i drank :)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
iWhat plugs iPod into the intercom, and presses play.

*lights flicker for no reason*

Someone hold me! :eek:

OP
J

JSchultz

Actually, I was sober as could be that night. We're both broke as ****, so we didn't drink much. As a matter of fact, I think I had one beer all night. She had maybe 2 mixed drinks (clubs charge 9 bucks for mixed drinks!! Thieves!!)

And as far as brothers or sisters..she has one who is married and lives in New York. I doubt her 27 year old sister would fly out to Chicago to take creepy pictures of us. :)

I slept with one eye open last night! I'm still a bit freaked out!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
man that's really creepy.
check if by any chance there's a glimpse of you in that picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Your GF is messing with your head. She took the one of herself, herself, and is trying to pass it off as a mystery and freak you out.

It appears to be working....

OP
J

JSchultz

I think that seems to be the only logical explanation.

There is a glimpse of me in the picture of her.

I confronted her about it, and she denies everything. So the only possible explanation?....

... The people under the stairs. Yep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
okay
you said the picture is 10-12 inches away from her right?
see if her arm is outstretched..
man, this is oh so weird..
how was your sleep last night btw?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Like W. C Fields said:

There's a sucker born every minute....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
eh, she could have had someone else take it, too. She's DEFINITELY playing a prank on you. I mean, it was Halloween. Come on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would just forget all about it... ruin who evers fun it is.

For all we know, you took the pictures... and for that matter there could be no pictures and your just making up a story...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
sounds like your g/f has a pretty good sense of humor... If it were me, I'd just let it go and keep making references to the "ghost in the basement" and/or start doing things like saying "What was that?!" while you're hanging out down there with her. If you do it right, you can turn it around and maybe freak her out a little (in a good way!) OR at least she'll finally confess, exasperated "I did it! There's no ghost!!!"

lol... but that's just me.

:)

OP
J

JSchultz

Haha. I woudln't lie. There really are pictures.

But at this point, my logic tells me that it had to be her. I mean..come on..has there ever been a ghost story where someone said "it took pictures of us with a disposable camera!"..No! So I think it was her. Had to be. Better be :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
yep it was her! every heard of a tri-pod? lol

OP
U

upsilon

Actually, a similar thing happened to my mom...
My dog in the picture was staring right at who ever took it, if only she could tell me who it was...
o_O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Either her, or onea your buddies chilled there over night and hid. Otherwise, Ockham's razor applies.

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

4794-19-pointlesswithoutpics.jpg

PICS OR BAN

OP
J

JSchultz

lol!!

They're regular ol' paper pics, not digicam pics. Does it cost money to go to kinko's and scan them?

Graphite- What's Ockhams razor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I think it might cost money. Go there. And ask. Maybe the camera was like on a table or something and something hit the clicker thingy and took a picture? Yeah... I'm cool. I think up cool stuff...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.