Please help!: Ipod Touch not recognized at all by MacBook

Reaction score
Hello,

I have spent HOURS searching the web for an answer, I'm really hoping someone will be able to give me some insight. Here goes:

I have a 1st generation Ipod Touch. I haven't used it for a long time and the computer it was originally associated with is my current MacBook (I believe 2nd generation-fall 2006). My MacBook had to be restored and I lost everything about a year ago. It has sense been updated and restored and works like new. I understand that the connection of the Ipod/Macbook will never exist again.

Now, when I plug in my Ipod Touch, the MacBook does not recognize it at all (I have also plugged it in to other people's computers and the same thing happens). I have used multiple cords, multiple ports, it does not recognize it period (not as a drive, not in itunes, it's as if I haven't plugged anything in).

I also have an Iphone 4s, Ipod mini (2nd gen), and Ipod Nano (1st gen)...All 3 are recognized just fine.

I really need help. I know itunes won't recognize it with the same relationship they had before, but I really just want my computer to recognize it as being plugged in.

Please, please, please offer any suggestions you have. I feel like I have tried everything!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum (here) as it does not belong in "Community Suggestions".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.