Cool ads are making me want to buy an iPad 2

Reaction score
I have MacBook Pro for 4 months. I like it. All these ads about iPad are making me want to buy one. But I think I don't need it. Is it really that great?

And about iPhone 4S. I have really old phone (7 years old). I use it only for calling and text messages. I should maybe buy one but I have a Mac and I use it for all other things. Is iPhone really better than other phones?

Help me to decide to buy one of these or maybe none of them?.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I've been using a First generation iPhone until the iPhone 4s came out. I <3 the iPhone love everything about it and when I use other phones it doesn't seem to be as easy or enjoyable to use.

That's just me though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Your MacBook was your gateway drug, just as my iPod Touch (2007) was mine. In fact, since then I have gotten, in the last year I have gotten an iPad (gen1), MacBook Pro, iPhone 4S and an iPod Nano (Gen6). I gave my iPod Touch and iPod Nano (gen4) to my nieces and they love them.

Beware. Once you start this path, it will not end.

C

chas_m

Here's what I said in one of the many similar threads on this exact same topic:

I can only tell you what happened in my life when we finally got around to getting an iPad (at xmas).

The two big things that happened were:
1. Suddenly I found myself reading a lot more. By this I mean every sort of reading -- from web sites (surfing) and email to (e)books and (e)magazines. The iPad is *incredibly* pleasurable for all sorts of reading. I have a (real) book I'm reading at the moment that a friend of mine wrote, and every time I pick it up I want to email him and beg him to get it on the iBookstore (et al).

2. My "leisure" computing -- games, videos, reading, casual surfing, Facebook, and so forth -- got moved to the iPad. I did not expect this to happen. Now my laptop is used more or less for work purposes only. As an experiment I took only my iPad and iPhone with me on my last vacation -- and found I didn't miss the laptop even a little. I can do "useful" things on the iPad too, but I tend not to want to much. For me, it's my break from "regular" computing.

As for the iPhone, yes. It is that much better than all the other wannabe smartphones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.