Lost my dashboard & calander

Reaction score
Not sure how I did this - had my mac forever! Cannot find them in finder under applications? Can someone tell me how to retrieve them? Thx!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
They may not have been deleted. Use Spotlight to search for iCal and Dashboard. If they are indeed lost, we'll go from there.

OP
L
Reaction score
ical & dashboard....

Awesome - I got ical back - Couldb't find "dashboard app" - and I can bring it up when I hit Safari/file/open in dashoard - but not sure how to get the app back on the dock........Thx so far so good

**I can also bring up my dashboard by hitting the middle key on my mouse but don't know hot to get it back into the dock....

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you can still open it, Dashboard still exists...somewhere. Open up Terminal (/Applications/Utilities) and enter the following:
Code:
sudo find / -name Dashboard
Enter your password and hit enter. Post the results here.

C

chas_m

If you're running Lion, Dashboard isn't an app per se, it's now called Mission Control and does other stuff as well as running widgets.

OP
L
Reaction score
Lost my dashboard

I don't believe I have lion and my dashboard has been up on my computor for 5 years now - and I still have it when I press the middle key on my mouse.....its all there - I just can't seem to get it back in my dock...

**I also attempted to do a backup and it shows I don;t have a backup disc (which I do and checked it is connected) any ideas? Thankyou!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.