Admin Password Lost

x82

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My friend has got a macbook pro late 2009, he forgot his admin password and hasnt got the installation disk either. we both tried our best but no hope.
without admin password he cant install or update anything.
We even tried the Command+S but it doesnt go to terminal mode it just starts up, the command+s works fine on my macbook white but not on his. we both have got snow leopard 10.6.8. Any help would be really appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Buy the correct set of installation disks, then follow instructions.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Even so... Cmd+S at boot should get you to single user mode.

OP
X

x82

Reaction score
Buy the correct set of installation disks, then follow instructions.

Cheers ... McBie
thanx McBie but im tring to save money and i dont know which disk to get.

@ Dysfunction command+s works on my macbook white but not on macbook pro which has got the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
thanx McBie but im tring to save money and i dont know which disk to get.

@ Dysfunction command+s works on my macbook white but not on macbook pro which has got the issue.

I respect that ... and I was only trying to help.
You need the black retailer version of OS X 10.6, not the grey disks as they are machine specific.
I believe they sell at 29$ if I remember correctly.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
X

x82

Reaction score
Thanx Mcbie will try to find it, its difficult to find the black on here in england but will try, thanx for the reply.

OP
X

x82

Reaction score
Alright just to update on my situation. I looked into every single thread/post on this forum, apart from this i checked more than 30 videos to find the solution, i have discovered that its not the admin password but its the firmware password which i was tring to bypass. Firmware password blocks all commands like Command+s or inserting a mac installation disk.
Firmware password security improved on new MacBook Air & Pro | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
So i have given up on this machine. If somebody can help me please let me know.
I have got the original Mac snow leopard installation disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If it is the firmware password, I think you are locked out from making any changes to that machine whatsoever.

Cheers ... McBie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So i have given up on this machine. If somebody can help me please let me know. I have got the original Mac snow leopard installation disk.

Tell your friend to try the method of bypassing the Firmware password that's given here. It may or may not work.

And for general info: This method only works on older model Macs. It does not work on the newer models. On newer models, the machine has to be taken in to Apple in order to reset or remove the Firmware password. Take your original sales receipt with you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.