ios 5 and itunes not syncing

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have an iphone 4 running on ios 5. It is jailbroken with only a few tweaks. I have musiccenter and a couple of other notification center tweaks and android lock and vlc. Those are the only jb apps/tweaks that I have. Whenever I want to go into iTunes and change an artist name, it changes in itunes, but not on my phone, this is really annoying as some of the mixtapes i download have websites as there artisits names. Please help!

Fman52

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's very difficult to troubleshoot a problem with a jailbroken iPhone, particularly when you're troubleshooting interoperability issues with an application (iTunes) that isn't designed to work with the software on your iPhone (in other words, it's not operating in standard fashion).

Aside from doing a factory reset on your iPhone and restoring it to a standard config to see if it works then, I think your best bet might be to pose the question on one of the forums that caters to jailbroken devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.