Recording with MBP

Reaction score
I'm using music notation software and need to record mp3 file by playing the music from the notation software to Adobe Audition. Both program run in my Parallel Window virtual machine. I cannot figure how I can get the sound produced in one software being recorded in another.

Please help

OP
R
Reaction score
Wow!

WOW! Wow! I'm overwhelmed with the number of replies!!! Has everybody - I mean ALL - solved the problem I'm experiencing?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you ever stop to think that maybe no one has a solution to offer you? These forums are manned by volunteers not paid technical support personnel. Just be patient and every once in awhile you can reply to your own post to bump it up toward the top.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Two ideas occur to me as possible solutions. I am not able to test either at the memento but the good news is it won't cost anything to test.

1. The first thought is to Audio Hijack Pro. I believe it has the ability to feed sound from one application into another. The catch here is I an not sure it can intercept sounds from programs running in Parallels. It won't cost anything to try and if it does what you need the price is well worth it for such a versatile program.

2. Use a cable to connect the speaker jack to the mic jack and use recording software to record the sound. I have seen cables with the right connector on both ends dirt cheap. Something like this might do the job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 MBP 15" Iphone4
If your using a midi interface I'm pretty sure you can use a program called Soundflower. Which is a virtual audio cable that will allow you to play audio in one program and record it in Audition. I do radio imaging and have used this program with Audition CS5.5...Also another good idea is to check out Radiodaddy.com.. There is a forum under the request tab called the engineers shack, which is filled with production gurus that could definitely answer this question for you. You need to sign up and become a member but its free. hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.