• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PowerMac G4 on Ebay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I found a PowerMac G4 on ebay with and was wondering what is the most I should pay for it. Here is what is included with the auction:

You are bidding on a used Apple Powermac G4 Dual 867 computer. This machine has been used in a non-smoking home and is in very good condition. It was primarily used for video editing and photo library management. It did a wonderful job completing these assignments. Also included in the auction are OSX 10.2 and 10.3, a VGA converter for the use of a 15pin monitor, and iLife 05. The computer ships with 4 hard drives and a 5-port USB2 card. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Specifications:

· Processor – Dual G4 867mhz

· Memory – 1 GB PC2100 RAM

· Hard Drives – (1) 60GB, (1) 80GB, (1) 120GB, (1) 160GB (420GB Total disk capacity)

· Operating System – OS X 10.3 Panther (also includes original 10.2 Jaguar CDs)

· Optical Drive – Superdrive (DVD-R and CD-RW)

· USB Ports – 2 rear, 2 keyboard, 5-port Adaptec PCI Card (9 total)

· Firewire Ports – 2 rear

· Apple Pro Keyboard

· Apple Pro Mouse

· 1 DVI Port, 1 ADC Port

Mac OS X 10.3 Panther

Apple iLife '05 (Mac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Well, if it was completely stock I would say no more than $500 tops. However, it does have some nice additions to it. The SuperDrive, the Gig of RAM, the added HD space and the extra USB ports are a nice upgrade. With all of those added, I would say that $700 to $800 would be a much fairer price.
What needs to be realized here is that you are still bidding on an almost 5 year old computer. If the bidding goes much higher than $800, it would be ludicrous to pay that much. A much faster, brand new system with a full manufacturer warranty could be had for that amount, and if HD space was the case, you can always get an external drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.