Help plz

Reaction score
HELP PLZ

OK, so here is the deal, i bought a last gen. macbook air 5 months ago and when i turn it on, it takes forever on the start up scream, and i mean it. It doesn't get past it.

I don't know what to do.

The last two things i've done different were using transmission for torrent, now i have changed to utorrent. And the other thing was using samsung S2 external HDD as back up, with time machine.

Since it happened the first time(2 days ago), i have already "fixed the problem" 3 times. I turn on the mac holding option, then i go to recovery disk and then i do a total back up with the time machine, what takes about 3 hours.

But it keeps happening each time i turn off and on my mac again :/

It's a 128 SSD, intel core i5, 4gb of RAM and 13 inch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Make an appointment Monday with the Genius Bar or your APple reseller. It is still under warranty. Not running MacKeeper or downloading pirated software which sometimes can transfer trojans to your computer?

OP
P
Reaction score
I do not run mackeeper, should i??

I haven`t gone yet to an apple genius because in my country there isn`t, lol, but if the problem happens again i`m gonna call apple

I`ve got apple care anyway

I haven`t turned off my mac since then lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No avoid MacKeeper and all its associate products like the plague.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.

Well, the problem happened again. I`m calling them tomorrow

Just one question. I formatted the samsung s2 external HDD as Journaled, sensitive

But on the manual it was written to do it simply as journaled. It may be the source of t problem or not??

Actually my mac did it alone, for The Time Machine.

I`ve just done a regular partition now for my stuff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.