folder.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a small problem on my mac, coming from windows I have a vast collection of music, where each album is in a folder with a folder.jpg. On windows this then shows up as the album cover in folder view.

I know i can copy and a paste the jpeg into folder info on the mac, but is there a way to it on bulk, as my album collection has been growing over the last 15 years.

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Why not import your music into iTunes and use it's Album Art feature?

OP
M
Reaction score
because sometimes i just don't want to use itunes, we over 300gig of music, itunes isn't exactly the fastest and that's on a i7 mac pro ;D

C

chas_m

1. having 300GB of music doesn't make the slightest whit of difference to iTunes if you have a drive that can hold it.

2. No such thing as a i7 Mac Pro. Try again?

OP
M
Reaction score
er intel core i7 macbook pro, sorry didn't know i had to be anal and write the whole thing out and secondly it does make a difference because iTunes can't handle large libraries very well , especially when there on a NAS

so thanks for the useless help mate and if anyone else can answer my question

cheers

C

chas_m

er intel core i7 macbook pro, sorry didn't know i had to be anal and write the whole thing out

Sorry, but text-based forums require a certain amount of accuracy when writing. If Apple didn't make a Mac Pro I think we would have gathered what you meant, but they do so YES you need to at least use the acronym MBP (oh dear what a burden!!). :\

and secondly it does make a difference because iTunes can't handle large libraries very well , especially when there on a NAS

Handles them fine here, oh wait you've just decided to mention something you had not previously mentioned, that they are on a NAS. Well that makes a little bit of a difference doesn't it, because now we are talking about the speed of a network connection and not about iTunes anymore at all now aren't we?

so thanks for the useless help mate and if anyone else can answer my question

Please enjoy your poor attitude -- I'm sure you'll go far here with that.

Reaction score
Chas wasn't being anal, he was being specific. There are huge differences between a Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro, and diagnosing any performance issues (like you're describing) will require some detail.

For what it's worth, my iTunes collection is 375.85GB and I keep it all on file server in my closet. My workstation, a 2.8GHz Core i7 MBP, accesses everything flawlessly over the network (802.11G). No problems. No delays.

As to your question about Album Art -- This thread may help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1965156?start=0&tstart=0

And next time, before you go mouthing off to the senior members who spend their time helping people without asking for anything in return, at least try using Google. The solution I found was the first result.
rolleyes.gif

OP
M
Reaction score
apologies it just sounded as he was taking the ****, but i've learnt my lesson:Lips-Are-Sealed:, all help is appreciated and once again thanks.

next time i will be more specific

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.