I have a quick question concerning cases.

Reaction score
I have just purchased my first Apple computer. An aluminum MacBook (MB466LL/A), and I need to protect my investment. What are some cases that you guys use? Since it's not a popular model, there aren't any specific cases. Will a MacBook Pro Speck case fit?

Thanks in advanced,
-Nate

C

chas_m

Any normal case designed for a 13" notebook will fit your machine just fine. The entire industry religiously copies Apple on laptop sizes. I use an InCase sleeve, which is inside my Swiss Army briefcase. Nice and snug and very well protected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
My husband got a Speck case for his new MBP last fall. He's very happy with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The entire industry religiously copies Apple on laptop sizes.

Man, I wish this were fully the case. Lenovo, for instance, my W520 (which is spec'd the same as a mbp) is HUGE in comparison.. and HEAVY (add the 2lb 170w power supply, when the same hardware runs on 85w for Apple..) oy...

But in general, for my MBP, I have a Booq case and it gets tossed into my Timbuk2 bag. It's all good that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Im on the Speck Case side of the fence today, inside a Crumpler Carry Bag.
Just be sure to routinely take the cover off (once you have purchased one) and clean all the fine dust and grit that could make its way between machine and cover.

Food for thought

Cheers

C

chas_m

Just to be clear, Speck cases are custom form-fitted but I'm sure they're still making them for 13" aluminum MacBooks (probably). Custom-fit cases like Speck plastic cases aren't the same thing as what we've generally been talking about so far (sleeves, bags, etc).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.