HELP! Flash Drive assistance

Reaction score
I am VERY new to apple products and just bought a Macbook Air.

My issue is that I have a password protected flassh drive from my work. On my home PC I am able to open the drive so that I may enter the password however I cannot figure out how or where I can do that on the Mac.

Any insight?

Thanks
NP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My issue is that I have a password protected flassh drive from my work. On my home PC I am able to open the drive so that I may enter the password however I cannot figure out how or where I can do that on the Mac.

Which exact flash drive do you have? Do you know what type of security is on it?

OP
P
Reaction score
Which exact flash drive do you have? Do you know what type of security is on it?

It is an HP 8G flash drive. I am not sure what the type of security is though. A file called SVOLBRO.exe shows up on the Mac when I click on the drive but I cannot access the actual files saved on the drive because it is not "unlocked".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Let me guess. This was created (and encrypted) on a PGP encrypted machine. If so, I'd check PGP (symantec) and see if there's a solution. Otherwise, you ain't getting to that data (which is really the point)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.