My first macbook pro

Reaction score
I purchased the very basic 13' model late december last year and the battery life is less than 3 hours without the charger. I was just wondering if this is normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
It will depend on a number of things:
1. Screen Brightness (will suck up the most battery life of any function)
2. Keyboard Backlight Brightness
3. Bluetooth Radio on
4. Wifi Radio on
5. Are you streaming video or just using local apps?
6. Are you gaming?

Turn off/down the functions you dont need. My MBP 17" has lasted over 8 hours off the charger with the wifi on and in use. I had the Keyboard backlight off, the screen brightness down just below half and no Bluetooth on. At max use, I have gotten 3 hours out of it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Deckyon.

I'm going to try adjusting some settings and see if it makes any difference (I think its to do with screen brightness, keyboard backlit and bluetooth). I'll let you know the results!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Useful info on keyboard brightness, Deckyon. I had mine wound up to max but can manage just as well at half strength.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.