china has made it ~

Reaction score
so i went to a shop near my house to buy an iphone~n found a great deal.. i decided to buy it and in the end bought it ><

So after a few weeks of using it~ i realize its not a genuine iphone 4s from apple~ and im a little disappointed~ but the reason i didnt realize it wasnt a genuine one, its becos there is totally no difference from the real one~ the touch screen is so sensitive which equals to the real one~ the functions and designed of the iphone resembles a original iphone~ but i only realise it wasnt genuinely from apple happens when i check the serial number from my iphone and went to the https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do to check the warranty... and yes! it says no such serial number is found in their data base... >< i triple check it already and confirm its not from apple...

so im here to warn ppl out der to be careful while buying iphone products nw~ as china is really good in copying it untill it is totally the same =.=

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Had a guy bring a Chinese imitation iPhone into work a few weeks back - and honestly, they look completely different.

They use the screens similar to the Samsung Tocco (resistive i think) with that weird silver colour to them
The silent button doesn't work, and in his case was bent
Even though it was a "4S" the antenna was still on the top, and coloured white, not black
Ran a modified version of the old Windows Handheld OS (not Windows Phone 7) edited to look like iOS
It actually said "4S" on the back, while real iPhones only say "iPhone"
The outer rim was made of plastic, not aluminium
Box was made out of cheap photocopied cardboard

Just a few things to look out for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Both my iPhone 4 and iPad were "Made in China", so to speak. ;P

Any chance you can take it back and tell them that they have sold you a fake?

If you genuinely were lead to believe that it was real, when it's not, then you have grounds to return it, I would have thought.

OP
N
Reaction score
Had a guy bring a Chinese imitation iPhone into work a few weeks back - and honestly, they look completely different.

They use the screens similar to the Samsung Tocco (resistive i think) with that weird silver colour to them
The silent button doesn't work, and in his case was bent
Even though it was a "4S" the antenna was still on the top, and coloured white, not black
Ran a modified version of the old Windows Handheld OS (not Windows Phone 7) edited to look like iOS
It actually said "4S" on the back, while real iPhones only say "iPhone"
The outer rim was made of plastic, not aluminium
Box was made out of cheap photocopied cardboard

Just a few things to look out for.

Well for my case everything works fine.. Even the camera and sound quality is as if an original one.. So today i decided to went bak to the shop to as about the situation , and was told that my phone is made in taiwan and therefore is sort of like a parelleled imported phone.. And its original..

C

chas_m

So it's a counterfeit you think?

If so, I'd take it to the nearest (real) Apple Store or call Apple about it and report the dealer. That's fraud, that is, if they sold it to you as a real iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.