Archive & install mac os x

Reaction score
Hi, I have an iMac that was running on Leopard...I decided to upgrade to Snow leopard and encountered a few issues. I then decided to go back to Leopard version 10.5.8, with first performing an Archive & install. After this was done, I located the Previous System folder, and re-imported many things without any issue (music, documents). My issue is with my photos. When I import them into iPhoto, out of 11,000 photos, several have lost their good quality. They are blurry and definitely not the same quality they were originally.
I am wondering if there's something I'm missing?
Any suggestions / ideas would save me!!!! Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forum sonnysmum.

What exactly is several ??
Have you tried to re-import those images that are of a low quality ?? Are those images of the high quality in the Previous System folder in original condition ?

Off the top of my head i can't see a reason why it be would be so.

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi,
I would say about 2-3000 photos have lost their quality. Yes, I have also tried opening them in Preview straight from the Previous System folder before importing to iPhoto, and the quality isn't good. I do see, though, a few different folders in the Previous System under Pictures, which are 'Data', 'Modified Pictures' and 'Original Pictures' (or something along those lines, I'm not at home right now) which all have my photos stored in them. My issue described is from the folder 'Original Pictures'.
Can it have something to do with using a different version of IPhoto?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.