Watching live television on Ipad possible?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a 68-year-old grandfather and just got an Ipad 1 as a gift from my son. This is my first Apple product and the most advanced device I now own.
I was wondering if it were possible to watch live television shows on it?
It is a 64 gb Wi-Fi enabled model. I would particularly like to be able to watch live sports on it; basketball and football games.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You need a wireless internet connection for the iPad to connect to but, certainly here in the UK, there are several apps that allow you to watch live TV content.

I'm only guessing (basketball reference) that you're in the US or Canada so perhaps a member from one of those countries can point you in the direction of specific apps.

Reaction score
Just in case you are in England, I use the website, TVCatchup, to watch live television, there is a free app you can download from the AppStore, or just go to the website and bookmark it.
It has quite a large list of channels and works very well, as long as you have a reasonably good connection to the Internet.

Reaction score
Usa?

Hi Z. I'm a 62 year old grandfather. If you live in the US it will depend on which cable service you have. I have AT&T U-verse and they do NOT have a live tv service yet:Angry:. But Comcast, Time Warner, and Direct TV do have apps that let you watch live TV, I think. Just search for the apps in the App Store if you have one of these cable providers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
and of course you can watch abc iview if you're in oz :)

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the suggestions I am a Time Warner customer and have found out they have an application that allows you to watch their stations on the Ipad. I have just installed it and it runs great! Thank you again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.