Hidden movie file on iPhone 4s

erk

Reaction score
Hi there, this is a bit of a strange one...

I usually synch the photos and videos I take on my iPhone 4s to iPhoto on my mac mini, and then once they've transferred accept the prompt to delete them from my iPhone, so my mobile's camera roll is always fresh and empty.

However, upon using iMovie this evening, I clicked on the "import from camera" button while my iPhone was connected - and weirdly, there is a movie file from when I first tested the camera (I remember I deleted this file from the phone soon after creating it - and it was shot with the default Camera app).

I double checked my phone's camera roll and in iPhoto and there's no trace of this video; it's only visible when searching for video files on my iPhone via iMovie. It's playable and can also still be transferred from the iPhone to my mac using iMovie. It's really odd.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can remove it? There doesn't seem to be an obvious solution, other than resetting the phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Using iOS 5.0.1
and OSX 10.7.2

Cheers! :Blushing:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.