Please help!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi all, been a loyal Mac user for many years now and love everything about them BUT seriously starting to get miffed off with my MBP! It started about three weeks ago with the remote desktop "Quit Unexpectedly" from there it settled down for a little bit but over the past few days my iTunes randomly quits, and my Safari as well as pages, along with most of my applications just randomly "Quit unexpectedly", :\ for some reason twice i have been kicked off my profile and brought back to my initial log in. Does anyone have any ideas? have run countless permission repairs and verifications and disk verifications, i just don't know what to do, is this a problem i can for myself or do i need to put it into the shop? advice will be extremely welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Are you using Lion? Did you run disk utility from outside the mounted disk by holding cmd-r when you boot?

Also, have you tried Onyx?
Titanium's Software • Information

Drastic measures - you could install a clean OS - ensure stability - then recover from backup, or install each program piecemeal to see if you can keep the system stable.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply, have just downloaded ONYX, what would you suggest i do with it, sorry to sound stupid but there are a lot of things that are on there, and well ....... i am stupid, when it comes to system things. I ran the disc utility from the utilities folder. any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Download and install Onyx. The first thing it will do is do a SMART check and a boot disk check. If it finds problems it will tell you - and ask you to run some disk utility on the boot disk. If it doesn't it will drop you into the Onyx GUI. You can try running the maintenance tasks or various clean up tasks - to see if it helps.

You could also download istats pro
iStat Pro, a Dashboard Widget by iSlayer
Monitor stuff like temperature, fans, memory usage, etc to see if anything lines up with your programs crashing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds much like hard drive problems. Any chance you run an external backup drive? If so boot from that, go into Disk Utility, select the internal drive and run Repair Disk and see what is reported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
How long have you had it? Sounds like a trip to an Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hang in there and don't loose faith. Post back with some answers to the above posts so we can help out more. . .

Cheers

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, thanks for the responses, much appreciated, i downloaded ONYX and ran through some of the processes that it has, the problem seems to have stopped, not sure if this is a temp fix or not, i am mounting from my internal hard drive and everything seems to be ok now. Thanks once again and i apologise for not getting back sooner, work and all that good stuff!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.