new iPhone 4S won't connect to wifi

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been searching for a solution for about 2 hours no with no avail. I've tried the on and off trick, nothing seems to help. Here's the issue:

I just got an iPhone 4s in the mail today. My sim isn't activated yet but I figured that I could set it up and all anyway since my sim will be activated in a week's time. I set it up, and run into the issue with not being able to connect to my wifi here at home, even if the password is correct.

So, I figured, it might have something to do with the fact that my college apartment changed things up a little by not allowing us to connect our apartment routers through DHCP, therefore having to change the IP address of our routers to a specific one that we were given. I did all that yesterday with no issue, and my MacBook is on without issue.

Can anyone help me out here to figure out a solution? Or have any answers to my problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.