Does Mac Mini Work With Windows 7 Laptop?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So i cant run it on windows 7? Even if i pay $699?

I think that things are getting confusing...or we do not understand what you want to do.

If you want to run Windows 7 (Windows 7 that you paid for)...on a Mac-Mini...yes it will work & it is totally legal to do.

What is not allowed is...you are not allowed to install the Mac OS on a "Windows computer" (such as an HP, Dell, Sony, etc. computer).

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
@wellerrocks: I would like to ask again..What is your main goal or purpose for getting a Macintosh computer?

- Nick

Reaction score
Hehe, he reminds me of people that call the tower/desktop part of the computer "hard drive". Always takes a while to understand what they are talking about. I'm pretty sure the op of the thread means his PC laptop every time he mentions "Windows 7".

circa_bc: You can have a Mac Mini at home and use something like VNC to remote desktop into the Mac. That way everything is running on the Mac Mini, but you can control it from your Win7 laptop. Again - not really a Mac experience at all and I wouldn't recommend it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.