Does Mac Mini Work With Windows 7 Laptop?

Reaction score
Any chance you could be more specific? What exactly are you trying to do with the Mac Mini and the Windows 7 Laptop? Or are you looking to install Windows 7 on a mac mini?

OP
W
Reaction score
Well I was thinking because i want a mac air but they are really expensive which means i have to save for like another month or 2, so i want to turn my windows 7 into mac layout, dekstop and so on - using mac mini. Is this possible on a Windows 7 i5 64-bit???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm not sure what you mean by "turn my windows 7 into mac". Are you looking to run Windows 7 on a Mini (which will work via bootcamp), or what?

OP
W
Reaction score
Basically yes, on my windows 7 is mac mini compatible?? if so what does it do???
I cant find any info anywhere else... + im not too much of a techno wiz :)

Reaction score
I take it your looking to Run OSX on a current laptop thats running Windows 7?

OP
W
Reaction score
lol yes, thats what i was trying to say cuz i love they way mac runs and looks compared too windows 7 + would i be better of getting a macbook or mac air than mac mini?
So when i have the basic windows 7 toolbar n stuff this will make it into a dock with amber green and red lights at top of windows..?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Basically yes, on my windows 7 is mac mini compatible?? if so what does it do???
I cant find any info anywhere else... + im not too much of a techno wiz :)

I would suggest not referring to "Windows 7" like it's a physical piece of hardware. Windows 7 is OS software...a Mac-mini is a computer. All you have to say is..."Will Windows 7 run on a Mac-mini?"...which I think has already been answered (yes it will).

Of course I'm confused by the question..."What does it do?"...Do you mean the Mac-mini?. If so...it does what all other computers do...it's just a small form-factor computer that you plug a monitor into...and use a keyboard & mouse with.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would also suggest...if your only goal is to run Windows 7 on a Mac-Mini (or other Macintosh computer model)...then just buy another Windows computer...you don't really need a Mac.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I take it your looking to Run OSX on a current laptop thats running Windows 7?

Yea, we don't really discuss Hackintoshes here, as it's a violation of the EULA.

Reaction score
It looks like the MBA's will be updated within the next few months (rumor has it...). So it might be worth waiting for those 2 months anyway, save more money and go for the real deal. I doubt any PC running OSX would give you the actual Mac experience.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hackintoshes? Ok all i wanted to know was if i buy a mac mini and connect it to my windows 7 i5 64-bit laptop will it work? If so what does it do? I dont want to get into running some illegal stuff its a yes or no question, if yes tell me what it does... simple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really? Even if you pay for the OS system?

From the EULA.

Apple EULA said:
you are granted a limited, non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at any one time. For example, these standard single-copy license terms apply to you if you obtained the Apple Software preinstalled on Apple- branded hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintoshes? Ok all i wanted to know was if i buy a mac mini and connect it to my windows 7 i5 64-bit laptop will it work? If so what does it do?

This is a flat out yes answer. You can connect the two and share files etc, without too much issue in setup. It's effectively the same as running two Windows 7 computers from that stand point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So i cant run it on windows 7? Even if i pay $699?

Run WHAT?

You can NOT run OS X on a non-Apple computer (legally).

A Mac Mini is a computer.
Windows 7 is an operating system.
OS X (Lion, Snow Leopard, etc) is an operating system.

Windows 7 may be run on any supported hardware (legally).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.