Short-cut Help Needed.

Reaction score
ScreenShot2012-01-18at13900PM.png

Could someone explain the switch to mini-player short-cut to me?

I know it's not "up arrow + command + M" because the "up arrow" is volume up..... so what's the key shortcut?

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
That's the symbol for shift (the hollow up arrow).

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks dbm. Since you helped me out with that one, what's the symbol above for zoom, iTunes and Equalizer?

Is there somewhere that explains this stuff? They should've put this symbol on the shift button on the keyboard or just put "Shift" instead of the symbol in the pull down menu. I'm still getting a handle on being a Mac user. If requests like this are all I have to gripe about, I'm happy already.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Here's a handy guide for you.

OP
B
Reaction score
thx vansmith. Great guide..... just what I was looking for.

I still think it's weird that they put the command symbol on the command key, but decided to forgo putting the symbols on the control, shift, option & alt keys when there's tons of room to do so.

Reaction score
I'd be interested in what keyboard your using, because on my Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard, I have the same symbols on all keys except for ^, i.e. ctrl.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
thx vansmith. Great guide..... just what I was looking for.

I still think it's weird that they put the command symbol on the command key, but decided to forgo putting the symbols on the control, shift, option & alt keys when there's tons of room to do so.

I agree, none of my Apple keyboards have the symbols on them. They're easy enough to remember (eventually), but it wouldn't take much to label them. It'd really help people new to Macs I think.

OP
B
Reaction score
I'd be interested in what keyboard your using, because on my Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard, I have the same symbols on all keys except for ^, i.e. ctrl.

I have a new iMac with the wireless keyboard:
Apple-Issues-Wireless-Keyboard-Update-2-0-for-Mac-OS-X-2.jpg

C

chas_m

You're correct, BryGuy. I have the same one you do, and it doesn't have symbols on the option, control OR shift keys. Just the command key.

PS. Thanks for including a link to my essay, glad you liked it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.