Enter your name and password for the server when trying to connect PC and Macbook?

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my macbook and my pc together through my home network but both my computers are a temperamental. The PC will recognize the macbook and have access to all of its files but the macbook can't access any of the PC files. I do the "connect to server" thing and then I enter the name of my computer and up pops this box asking me to "enter your name and password for ther server -computer name here-". I have no idea what this could possibly be, I don't have a PC password protecting my computer and I've been messing around with it all day.

Someone please help? I can provide screenshots if needed.

I am not that good with technology so please be patient with me :)

I appreciate all the help,
Kate.

*Edit: I am running Windows 7 and Lion
If I try connecting to my PC as a guest instead, it shows folders like "documents" and "downloads" but they don't have anything in them. If I then go to printer and connect through network, it sees my printer and "connects" but when I try to print it stays in the queue and says "authorization required" .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.