Skullcandy Headphones Warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch
I didn't know where else to put this, since Skullcandy isn't an apple product. Mods, feel free to move this if you want :)

I bought my Skullcandy Uprock over the ear headphones at Best Buy on Dec. 7. I've had them 5 weeks. I started having a shortage problem a couple of days ago where the sound isn't reaching the ears of the head phones and keeps cutting in and out when the cord moves at the jack. This is horrible, because I use my iPod Touch at least 12 hours a day, at most, though these headphones weren't used nearly at all for about two weeks when I was on winter break with my family from school. Yesterday, the problem got worse, and at first the sound was only cutting out the left ear, now it's cutting out on both, so no sound at times.

I placed an online RMA request with Skullcandy and I went to the USPS and UPS store to ship my headphones. I wound up taking them back, because I paid $30 bucks for these things, and UPS ground was $15, USPS was like $12 after tax with Priority mail. These things are pretty large, but extremely lightweight.

Does anyone know if Skullcandy sends shipping labels for warranty returns? I'd call them, but I really don't know where my cell phone is.... and I'm not at home.

As expensive as the shipping costs are, is it worth sending them in? I'm really bummed. I could just buy a new pair for 17 dollars on Amazon... but risk the same problem happening again. Then I'd be out 47 bucks...

and my Sony fashion buds don't sound as good. :( That's what I get for having a 9.99 backup pair...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I had to return Skullcandy earbuds once. I found a form on their website, they sent me return labels and sent me a new pair for free. Take a look at the info here.

OP
Kaioshoryuken1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I filled out the RMA form, and it just gave me the address to ship it to. They didn't send me labels or say they were going to at all for my headphones. I've also read the link you provided me a thousand times, and there isn't really any answer there. Thanks though! How long ago did you need to return your earbuds? And were they just purchased? Because my headphones are 5 weeks old from Best buy, I'm worried that they won't send me a shipping label.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
To be fair, I did go through all of this about 3.5 years ago. Give them a call - you'll probably have better luck talking to an agent.

OP
Kaioshoryuken1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I will later when I get home, or Tomorrow if the offices are closed by the time I get back, which they probably will. I usually don't leave my college campus till about 11pm, lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.