Menu Bar Font Size

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the iMac i7 screen resolution at highest, but increase the font size on the menu bar? I don't want to tweak the display resolution...I just want menu bar big enough to see with my 50+ y/o peepers. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

iNB

Reaction score
I hear you on this one. When I watch TV/movies I sit at a distance which means I can't see the small text on the screen. If want to watch a different file or switch off the iMac then it's difficult because I can't see the small text clearly enough.

The only work around I've found is to hold down the control key and scroll/swipe the mouse wheel, which allows you to zoom in and out on the screen.

It's not perfect, but it does work.

On a side note - the zooming in and out isn't perfect because sometimes it just refuses to work. For me it seems to be when I'm using VLC, but that's hard to clarify as I only use the zoom the using VLC! I had fewer problems after the latest Lion update, but it still fails sometimes meaning I have to reboot.

Hope that helps!

iNB

Reaction score
Also, are there any options in Ease of Access tools (I can't remember what they're called on a Mac), such as a magnifier for the cursor? I've never looked but I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Maybe that might help.

Reaction score
There is a problem in Lion with zoom and using Screensaver. For some reason Screensaver kills zoom. If you use a hotcorner, turn on Screensaver briefly and then zoom should work again. Possibly this is your problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.