iBooks on a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Not sure if this should be on the OS X Forum.

However, is there any way to read iBooks on a Mac?

Since I can read my Kindle eBooks on Kindle, Mac, PC, iPad, Android phone, etc. I can't help wondering why the Apple iBooks only seem to work on iDevices. My iTunes does not seem to let me read them, so is there an App or anything like that please?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I don't think there is - which is unfortunate. I was facing the same thing last night - as I recently purchased an iBook - which I was reading on my phone and iPad, sat down last night to read some more on my Mac - and discovered I couldn't. There are a number of threads over at the Apple forums on this. I was quite disappointed by this - and will probably have to start getting e-books elsewhere until this changes.

C

chas_m

This could VERY WELL change in the near future so "stay tuned" as they used to say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB Ram. 10.8.2 OSX
Yeah, that's why I like the Kindle for Mac app from the App store. I do enjoy reading on my Mac as well. Would love to see an iBooks for Mac app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.