Easy HTML5 editor like iWeb?

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have been using iWeb for sometime for my websites but its a little dull.
I really have no desire to edit or create my own code etc...
I like the plug n play nature of iWeb and the available templates.
I see many interesting HTML5 templates out there right now and just want an app for my MacBook Pro I can plug these templates in and publish to my web hosting service.. Nothing fancy just easy drop the template in, edit the text and add my photos and now videos that will play well with other Apple devices!
I don't see any reason for me to get Dreamweaver or anything that complex.
Any suggestions? :D
Thanks, Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What do you mean exactly by templates?

I can suggest you look at RapidWeaver, Freeway and Sandvox but, like iWeb, they all use a bespoke 'template' format.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions!
I haven't had a chance to check those out yet but when I spoke of "templates" I was referring to such as:

(iWeb)
iWeb Templates | 11Mystics.com

(HTML5)
http://www.iweb-site.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=HTML5 templates

It may not be the coolest way to go but must people don't know any difference and I don't have time to learn and code something I'll be tired of in 2 months anyway =P

I would really like to adopt and see more people go with HTML5 for its features and IOS capability.
So are RapidWeaver, Freeway and Sandvox all fully HTML5 compatible?
Thanks in advance, Philip

C

chas_m

Many of the templates you linked to are actually based on Wordpress templates. Wordpress is quite a bit more convoluted than iWeb is, but its a great system in its own right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.