New iMac user having flash problems

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a brand new iMac user and I can't seem to get flash related content to work in either Safari or Firefox. My OS is 10.7.2 and I've installed flash 11.1.102.55 numerous times and I've had no luck on sites such as Youtube or soundcloud.... even on Adobe's site.

When I attempt to view a flash video in Firefox it loads up as a black box that quickly disappears leaving a void where the video should be. When I attempt to view the a flash video in Safari it loads up the video and starts to play, but the box remains black and there's no audio, but the pause, play and other features still function.

Adobe's flash site located here it displays an animated image that says "Adobe flash player successfully installed" and it also says "You have version 11,1,102,55 installed".

Here's some other stuff I've tried:

- I've used the "Unistall Flash Player" link found here multiple times.
- I've read/followed the "Installation Problems" found here.
- I've read/followed the "Flash Player games, video or audio don't work" found here.
- I've googled the problem to death.

I'm not sure what's wrong or how to correct the problem. Any/all advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Is this, perchance, on a macbook pro? and typically a problem when you're on battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch
My guess would be to try uninstalling the Flash Player you have now and installing an older version just to test the compatibility.

Old Version of Flash Player 10.3.183.11 Download - OldApps.com

10.3.183.11 should work with Lion, and I understand they put the wrong title in the description, but the download file should be that version. If this doesn't work, then please check your software updater from the Mac system (not adobe) and double check that everything with your OS is up to date. If not, then it's back to the drawing board I guess...

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks Kaioshoryuken1. Uninstalled, installed older version, rebooted and presto it worked. I even went a step further and tried the firefox link to check if my plugins were up to date, and when it told me I had an old version of flash I updated it and bingo, the new plugin works too. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.