HP 6500A Office Jet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
I just hooked up my HP6500A and when I go into the HP Utility I get the following Message:

"Incompatible components

Some components installed on your computer were developed for another version of HP Utility. These components will not be loaded and some functionality related to your device will not be accessible. Please click HP Support item on the toolbar to visit HP Online Support site and download the latest versions of HP software."

I had a problem with my HP J4680 printer where the fax log didn't show up in the HP Utility. I was told to download software, but I forgot where I downloaded it from. I think I need to download this again. Or could it be something else?

Helen

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
No Fax Log

I don't have a fax log like the older printer until I downloaded an update for HP Software. I just can't find the software. I think it was called "OS X Lion, Mac OS X v10.6: Printer and scanner software. It wasn't a driver download. It was an update for Mac using certain HP Printers.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anyone know where I can find this download?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am very frustrated. I found that website: OS X Lion, Mac OS X v10.6: Printer and scanner software. http://support. apple.com/kb/HT3669#hp.

I've been reading where it was suggested to uninstall and reinstall all printers on the computers. Would that be an option for me? Should I apply this update after I reinstall, if I do? I miss the HP Utility and no fax log and I can't monitor the ink.

One other thing. When printing, the documents sort of jerk. The printing isn't smooth. The page prints, then hesitates for a second, then prints & hesitates again, and so on. The documents come out OK. Is this the way it's supposed to print?

Hoping to get help soon.

Thanks,
Helen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.