New Mac User - 17" Display + Safari Keychain Queries

F

frenchtrim

I have recently purchased a customized PowerBook 17” with all of the extra supplements, collating to a whopping £2300, with an additional 30” Cinema Display. Uncanny as it may appear, I’ve relied on my girlfriend’s G4 for the past few years, and despite working extensively with CAD related software applications as an Art/Fashion student, I’ve never brought it upon myself to own an Apple/PC myself, ever. So as you can imagine, having all of this gear is quite possibly one of the biggest highlights of my life, no kid.

I’ve been experimenting with the OS and everything seems fairly straightforward, but I have two questions. Firstly, I do large batch image compressions that take 4-5 hours or more depending on the amount of Tiff files I deal with at once. Because of this I tend to leave it idle without placing it in Sleep Mode, for the obvious reason that it cannot be done in that setting, or so I assume from trying. Placing the contrast down will be fine right? (At this point I’m not using the 30” at all but the 17”), or is there another more blatant way to do this?

Secondly whenever I use Safari it requests for a Key Gen that doesn’t comply with my administrator’s password. I type it in and it says it isn’t correct and I honestly can’t say where I might of typed another alterative at all. It isn’t so much of a problem since all of my proposed tasks seem to work anyhow by simply clicking cancel, but I would like to sort it out completely, as avoiding it isn’t necessarily ideal.

Thanks,

Luke

OP
F

frenchtrim

I have dealt with the first issue. I looked at the two available options in the ‘Energy Saver’ section and humorously realized that I can place the display to sleep only, not the hard drive. It is beyond me why I didn’t look at it carefully enough.

The second issue still remains, so if anyone can lend a hand, much appreciated.

Luke

OP
S

supremeoverlord

that may be a permissions issue, if not I would trash the keychain preference and log out and log back in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.