Newsstand is invisible

Reaction score
Hi folks, I often use iTunes to help organize my iPhone apps, rather than doing tedious things on my iPhone. When I click APPS under my iPhone device, I can move apps into folders and so forth.

However, Newsstand is invisible, which throws my folders into a nonsensical order. For example, a folder called Travel and a folder called Tech gets overlayed together, the travel apps appearing behind and slightly above the tech apps.

It's only been this way since 5.0 (and I'm running 5.0.1). On my iPhone, all apps & folders, including Newsstand, display just fine. Anyone else see this or is bugged (pun intended) by this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Post a screenshot? I am having a really hard time trying to imagine what you're describing.

In iTunes on your computer you are seeing the folders overlaid on top of on another because of Newsstand?

Reaction score
Screenshot1 - Newsstand should be displayed beside iBooks app. Screenshot 2 - 'Newsstand' label appears, Capital One is in my Finances group, the selected group is call 'Remotes'. 'Remotes' group is displaying my 'Adobe' group -- nonsensical

Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 5.35.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 5.36.24 AM.png

Post a screenshot? I am having a really hard time trying to imagine what you're describing.

In iTunes on your computer you are seeing the folders overlaid on top of on another because of Newsstand?

Reaction score
Newsstand is also messing up my iPad. Screenshot shows my Adobe group, with 'ghosts' behind it:

Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 11.32.02 AM.png

Reaction score
Resolved!

A few weeks have passed. I had to uninstall/reinstall iTunes today for another reason. Doing so also resolved the weirdness in my icon display. Shoulda just done that in the first place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.