Skype DMG wont mount

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I'm kinda confused about how skype is currently installed onto your computer. When you say that it will not mount, do you mean that you get an error message saying so?

The proper way to install skype is very simple:

1. Download.

2. You should get a .dmg that looks like a little hard drive. Double click it, and it will appear as a small disk image.

3. Inside of this disk image, you will see the skype icon, simple drag the skype icon into your applications folder, and skype has been successfully installed.

4. Eject the disk image and delete the .dmg by dragging them into the trash.

If you do not install most or all of your apps in this manor, there's always a chance they will become corrupted or unstable. As far as your current situation goes, try deleting skype entirely off of your computer, re download, and install with the instructions above.

OP
M
Reaction score
I
1: Downloaded
2: Got the DMG
3:Tried to open DMG BUT IT WOULDNT MOUNT

Reaction score
Just curious: have you done a restart since all this started?

OP
M
Reaction score
what do i do now? I have the Lion install disk so if that would work ill probs just do that at this point

OP
M
Reaction score
ummmmmmmm so I'm assuming re-install will work to my knowledge and no one has said otherwise so that's what I'm going to do. Thx anyway Crimson

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.