Conditions on Purchased Music From iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Hi all,

The iTunes music store has just opened in Australia, and I'd love to begin using and downloading music 'legally', haha. But I have a dilemma.

When I purchase music from the website, it will be in .mp3 format won't it? Yes? Well, do the files have any conditions attached to them? What I mean by that, is I think I remember hearing something about a limit of how many times I can put them on my iPod and what not.

Is there conditions attached to the files, or are they exactly the same as the .mp3's I've ripped from my cd's?

Also, when I download an entire album, does it get downloaded in a zip folder, containing the mp3's or what?

Thanks,
Michael.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/burn/

thats for the burn limit thing

and as for downloading, it will just go straight to your library, nothing to extract or anything.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
iWonder said:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/burn/

thats for the burn limit thing

and as for downloading, it will just go straight to your library, nothing to extract or anything.

Thanks for that, though one last question, can I send them to my sisters computer as well or can they only be played on the computer that downloaded them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 2 gigs RAM, 160 gig H.D.
Mike518;
The way I read your first post in the thread it seems you are assuming that the music files you buy off of the iTunes store will be mp3.
However, when I buy from the Canadian iTunes online store, the files are NOT mp3.
They are .m4p (Protected AAC music).
I'd assume it would be the same where you are, but I could be wrong.
Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
1. The file format is: 128kb/s protected AAC.
2. You can only burn the song to CD a limited number of times.
3. You can only listen the song through iTunes on 5 authorized machines (i.e. you copy the song to your sisters comp., iTunes asks you for your account details and then checks you own the song and plays it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.