can i stitch two images together ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi all, my better half with her iPad2 has recently got really keen on Ancestry, as a result she wants to send a scan of several birth certificates to a relation.

I have to do the scanning on my HP6510 scanner, the scanning bed is only A4 size, the birth certificate is half of an A3 ? (the size which is twice the size of A4).

I can therefore easily scan one half and then the other half, i would like to be able to stitch the two halves together and make one big file !.

Is this possible using the software that came bundled with my MacBookPro ?, or is there another software package that someone can recommend ?, which is BOTH easy to use and cheap ??

Thanking you all in advance for having a look and if you have the answer so much the better.

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
If you have two images on your computer, you can stitch them together in Photoshop. Maybe like a panoramic style if the images match up?

Or you can create a canvas and then drag them both on there...

Good luck

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
thanks friend, trouble is though, PHOTOSHOP isn't cheap OR free !.

furthermore, my "better half" doesn't want me to do it anymore !!!. :)

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
If she changes her mind again, why not photograph the birth certificates instead of scanning?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
If she changes her mind again, why not photograph the birth certificates instead of scanning?

What a dammed good idea buddy, i shall definitely do that, thanks.

Tim

Reaction score
Free photoshop

I don't know if that is sufficient for your purpose, but you might want to use pixlr.com it is a free online tool that is similar to Photoshop. But not as advanced of course.
For my bi-annual photo editing I am not buing photoshop eather.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.