Web Video Downloader

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB Ram. 10.8.2 OSX
Hello everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything definitive.

What do you all suggest to use to download web videos? Youtube, as well as other types of sites?

There seem to be tons of "options" out there but they also all seem to be somehow tied to companies that are known for spam, malware, virus, etc, etc.

So I'm perplexed. I am VERY overprotective of my Mac and what I download and install.

So I figured I would ask you all as I know you all know what you're talking about.

I don't mind paying for it (not a whole lot of course) so if there is anything in the App Store that could do this that would be fine too. I've looked in there but I never seem to be able to find what I'm looking for.

Anyway, thank you all for your suggestions!

Steve

Reaction score
I use this.

I recommend using http://keep-tube.com/ as it allows you to download youtube and other sites such as google video and megaupload videos without installing anything to your computer so it will operate on all operating systems.

C

chas_m

There is a Safari extension that enables YouTube downloading as well, so you don't have to use Firefox for just that.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you want an extension, we'll need to know what browser you're using. I use FastestTube which, now that I look, works with all the browsers.

Reaction score
But

Thing is though that doesn't always apply still.

After all I use forefoz safari google chrome opera and avant but google chrome is my favourite.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB Ram. 10.8.2 OSX
Sorry guys, I should have been more specific. I use Safari. I did check the extensions but apparently I don't know what I'm looking for because I didn't see one that would work.

And I would like to be able to download from other sites too if possible. Not just YouTube.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.