Macbook Pro unibody case

Reaction score
Hi guys, very new here and i couldnt find exactly what i was after in search, so anyway i have a early 2011 mbp i7 15inch, bought in september 2011, and anyway more to the point, my girlfriend has thrown my laptop on my bed, and it bounced off and landed quite hard on a corner of a table (hard to explain but thats what happened) and now there is now quite an annoying dent in the rear plate of my mbp, and i was wondering how you go about getting a new plate? or where from? and has made the fine smooth edging of the once sealed mbp to be pronouced. So i was wondering can you buy just the plate? or do i have to send it in for a repair to apple?

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I meant the bottom case.

Reaction score
Not sure if you are talking about the bottom case or top case corner, but here are the parts you are looking for:

Bottom case

Top case

Regardless, it is an expensive fix for a dent... :-/

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air, 1.7GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD; iPhone 4s; iPod Classic 6th Gen
Ouch! I hope this works out for you and I hope your girlfriend realizes that she should never throw a MacBook lol

OP
B
Reaction score
According to apple its looking like a $355 dollar fee for replacement + or - $120 if i want them to inspect for internal damage!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
I hope, at least, she's covering the cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.