September 2011 iMac won't download files

Reaction score
Got it in September this year, OSX Lion, but anytime I try to download a .dmg file or anything .zip it doesn't allow me. In the past, I would just open the download window and paste the web address in but with Lion there is none anymore.

Help!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I assume that you are using Safari? I haven't tested the following with other browsers but it should work with them as well.

The download procedure used in the past should work. Clicking on the link should start the download and move the file into your designated folder.

If for some reason you need to see the old download window there is a small button in the upper far right of the Safari window. It's usually next to the search/google area. Clicking the button revels the download window.

What exactly happens when you try to download something?

OP
Nikonshooter
Reaction score
Using Safari but I don't even get the download box in the right corner. I can't even download an alternate browser instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Start from your Lion recovery partition and use Disk Utility to repair the startup volume.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
That fixed it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.