Mac Book Pro running slow

Reaction score
Hello to all, this is my first "thread". I am brand new to forums so forgive me for my etiquette. We have a MacBook Pro that we bought in 2009. It has an Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.26Ghz. It is currently running a bit slow and I am wondering if its because the thousands of pictures that I have build up in it through out the years. When I go to the finder/ Marlon HD it states that I have 66.33GB available..what does that mean? and how can I get some speed back.? any help/suggestions you can give me I will appreciate..thanks

Marlon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
That means

how much free space remains on your HDD. You may want to consider using a clean up utility such as MacKeeper to clean your disk up so it can run more smoothly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
For the love of god don't use MacKeeper.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Yeah, avoid MacKeeper like the plague. You'd be better off starting with something like OnyX. Run the cleanup found in the "automation" tab. That should be a good first step.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.