Accounting software for Mac

Reaction score
Ok, new to this posting thing... Anyone out there know of an accounting program to use with Mac for small businesses.

Currently using Quickbooks and not happy running Windows on the Mac as it slows down everything.

Help. thx

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks Mini_mi but I am in Australia and there is no Mac Quickbooks available here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Hmm, it isn't downloadable in Australia? It's an electronic download, shouldn't matter where your physically located.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
Ok, new to this posting thing... Anyone out there know of an accounting program to use with Mac for small businesses.

Currently using Quickbooks and not happy running Windows on the Mac as it slows down everything.

Help. thx

I'm an accounting major and currently do the books for a couple businesses and have used QuickBooks for both OS. What i can say is that the one for mac is not as good. Things are not in the same places navigation wise and the program just isn't as easy to use.

Honestly when i need to do business things, i use windows. In college to pass my statistics class i needed to get a PC or duel boot because excel tool packs for statistical analysis and such are not offered for mac.

In my opinion i stick to PC for any in depth business operations. Many may disagree but thats just my personal preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I believe the stat packs are back with office 2011, but you're absolutely correct. 2008 sucked, so does intuits Mac offerings in comparison with windows offerings. Want to beat your head against a wall? Try Linux in an office environment.

Reaction score
Accounting Software for Mac

Hi all. I have a small business and have been using Zoho Books and it's great software for accounting purposes. They give a 30 days free trial and it works on PC, Mac, Android and iphone. It has some great features and is really easy to use. Hope this helps!

software for accounting 

Reaction score
accounting software

probably a bit late, but just went through the same issue - iBank is great but very USA centred - spend a day entering half of my accounts just to realise that I would not be able to export anything in a meaningful format and time frame for my accountant (UK) - now switched to Money4 - works for me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.